Now that cannabidiol is so popular in the UK, we are seeing high street chains selling CBD oils. You might be surprised to learn that Boots now sells a range of CBD oils, produced by the brand Dragonfly CBD. This is ideal for consumers looking to get into CBD without buying from unfamiliar brands on the internet. Here’s what we thought of the Boots range.
Boots CBD Quick Summary
Boots CBD Pros
- Boots is a well-trusted brand, and for a good reason. Buying from Boots, you know that the product is going to be safe and legal, so you can feel confident with your purchase.
- The oil sold is stronger than other options that tend to be sold by retail chains. The three strengths of sublingual tinctures sold can suit a variety of different CBD users.
- Dragonfly CBD is a very reputable brand in itself, meaning that Boots have done their research. If you want even more Dragonfly products, you can check out the even bigger range there.
- Some of the products are at a cheaper price than they are on official sites; you can save money by shopping through Boots.
- The Ecoco brand is sold in the US, so Boots provides a way to buy their Eco Style CBD Oil in the UK.
Boots CBD Cons
- It would be nice if Boots sold their own CBD oils rather than selling oils you can buy elsewhere.
- Since Boots are not strictly CBD retailers, there isn’t a lot of information available about CBD. When buying cannabidiol, it’s important to be as informed as possible, and Boots can’t provide a lot of detail. For example, you’ll have to research specific companies to find third-party lab reports.
- For now, the range of CBD products is quite small. That said, it’s growing every day, so it’s worth checking back!
Want to know whether any of the CBD brands stocked at Boots made our Top 10? Check out our Top 10 CBD Tinctures That Actually Work to find out.
Boots CBD Full Review
You’ve heard the expression: Don’t believe the hype. When cannabidiol first emerged on the market, a lot of people were saying this. There’s simply no way a natural product of cannabis, a banned substance, could be good for you, right?
Well, some time has elapsed now. The British government has reviewed cannabis for medicinal use and approved its prescription as of November 1st, 2018. If a patient has a very serious medical condition and has exhausted all pharmaceutical alternatives, doctors in the UK may now prescribe cannabis-derived medications.
While CBD itself is not a medicine and is instead a food supplement, people have still come around to it. It’s pretty much impossible to ignore the facts now – it has helped too many people improve their sense of wellbeing.
Now that the British public has warmed to CBD, large chains have started selling CBD products. That includes Boots. The pharmacy found in pretty much every UK city now stocks a range of CBD products, showing just how easily accessible this supplement now is.
Today, we will be looking at the CBD range Boots carry, letting you know whether it is worth parting with your hard-earned money.
About Boots CBD Oil
Boots UK (formerly Boots the Chemists Ltd.) is a health and beauty retailer. Their stores can be found across the United Kingdom and Ireland, with 2,500 stores in total. These range from local pharmacies to enormous health and beauty stores. To be honest, if you haven’t heard of Boots, then we’re not sure if you’ve ever been outside! They’re everywhere!
They stock an absolutely incredible range of items and have now added CBD to their repertoire. Although Boots don’t sell their own brand of CBD, they stock tinctures from two other brands: Dragonfly CBD and Ecoco CBD.
Dragonfly CBD was formed back in 2016 by three friends. Their hemp is grown on farms in Bulgaria (they have over 1000 acres!) and they continue to research hemp and CBD in order to consistently improve their products. Always producing full-spectrum CBD, Dragonfly provides third-party lab reports to verify the quality of their oils. Each product is THC-free, non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan, and organic. As well as growing their hemp sustainably, Dragonfly also does the most they can to minimise their carbon footprint. In fact, they are trying to become completely carbon neutral – this is, quite frankly, an amazing promise.
Ecoco is based in Chicago and produces a vast range of trendy cosmetic products to care for your hair and skin. This innovative brand recently branched out into the world of CBD. They sell a number of CBD products on their website, but Boots currently only stocks one of their options.
So, what CBD products do Boots actually sell?
Boots CBD Products
As we have already mentioned, Boots sell CBD products from two brands at the moment. Dragonfly and Ecoco are both reputable sellers, so let’s see what products they are selling through Boots.
The Ecoco product sold in Boots is the Eco Style CBD Oil. This product is a huge bottle of oil that can be applied topically to both the face and body. Containing nourishing ingredients like macadamia nut oil, linalool, and cannabis sativa extract, this product can be massaged into the hair or the skin to moisturise and nourish the body. Using all-natural ingredients, this is a high-quality treatment.
The 59ml bottle costs just £14.70. At this price, we can’t imagine there’s much CBD in there! In fact, the 25 ppm of CBD works out at just 25 mg per litre, and the bottle is much smaller than that!
Sadly, this does mean that you’re not getting a lot of CBD. Nevertheless, the cannabis sativa extract might still benefit your skin and hair.
In terms of actual CBD oil, Boots stock three varieties of Dragonfly CBD Oil. These oils are narrow-spectrum, meaning that they still contain cannabinoids and terpenes other than CBD, but they are filtered more to reduce the quantities. On the bright side, this guarantees that there will be absolutely 0% THC.
Each bottle of Dragonfly CBD Oil contains 10ml of liquid. You take it just like any other CBD oil – by holding the oil under your tongue for 2 minutes to absorb the cannabinoids sublingually.
Here are the three varieties that Boots stock:
- Dragonfly CBD Cannabidiol Oil 300mg (3.3%): A recommended serving is 8 drops, equating to 12mg of CBD. This gives the bottle around 25 servings. It costs £24.99.
- Dragonfly CBD Cannabidiol Oil 500mg (5.6%): A recommended serving is 5 drops; approximately 12.5mg. This gives the bottle 40 servings. The bottle costs £39.99.
- Dragonfly CBD Cannabidiol Oil 1000mg (11.1%): A recommended serving is 3 drops, containing around 15 mg of CBD. This option costs £69.99.
Final Verdict on Boots CBD Oil: 8/10
So, there you have it. We’re actually quite happy that Boots are selling CBD now; if they have begun stocking it, then it’s a sign that the revolution has truly begun. Before long, CBD will be a staple supplement!
At the moment, Boots only sell a small range of CBD products. This could well change in the future, especially as the law and public acceptance of cannabidiol begin to shift. Really, all we can say about Boots CBD oil is to watch this space.
If you are completely new to CBD and apprehensive about buying it, then purchasing from a trusted retailer like Boots could be an amazing idea. If you are more experienced with CBD, then you may be able to find stronger oils and more varied products elsewhere; you could also try purchasing larger CBD bottles directly from the Dragonfly CBD website.
Decided Boots doesn’t stock the perfect CBD product for you? Make sure you check out the other Greenshoppers reviews by clicking the ‘Reviews’ link at the top of the page. We hope we can help you find the perfect product!