So it’s been a long and stressful day. The paperwork is piling up, your boss is giving you grief, and stresses in your personal life are just getting to be too much. There’s only one solution: A hot bath!
Taking a bath is often suggested as a means of self-care, and this isn’t random. Of course, there is a definite reason for this – baths are really relaxing. But now, there’s a new way to take a bath, and that involves using CBD. Bath accessories like salts have long since been a means of luxury, but now, CBD bath salts are popping up on the market. Why? Well, CBD it turns out that there is a whole host of benefits, so let’s check them out…
The Health Benefits of a Bath
Baths alone are wonderful for your health. If you don’t take baths, then maybe you should! Perhaps you feel cleaner having a shower, and that’s fine; it’s quicker, too. However, a hot bath every once in a while can do you a world of good.
Here are just a few of the health benefits of taking a bath:
- Relieves pain in the muscles, joints and bones: Bathing in hot water can loosen up the muscles and joints. It is a great way to get your body warm and relieve the tension you’re holding in your muscles. Furthermore, it is low impact, so it can be a good alternative to exercising and stretching if you have a muscular injury.
- Improves blood flow: A warm bath causes vasodilation, meaning your blood vessels expand. You might notice that your skin goes a bit red after being in a hot bath – this is because blood is flowing closer to the skin’s surface.
- Benefits the respiratory system: Lying in a bath can help you to breathe easier, especially if your chest is submerged. The temperature and pressure of the water can improve airflow in the lungs. Plus, the warm water can make your heart beat faster, getting the cardiovascular and respiratory systems working better. If you have a cold, the steam can clear up your sinuses.
- Balances your hormones: Bathing in colder water can balance out hormones like cortisol and ACTH, benefiting chronic fatigue syndrome and some fertility issues. On the other hand, taking a warm-water bath can increase serotonin and make you feel happier.
Clearly, taking a bath is definitely worth it – it solves everything!
Why Use Bath Salts?
Sure, taking a bath in hot water alone can help you do all of the above. However, it’s must better if you make it a full on pamper session. Dim the lights, light some candles, put on some relaxing music, and unwind in the bath. Even better, throw in some bath salts.
Bath salts come from ocean salts, but they differ from regular salt in their mineral content. They are rich in minerals like magnesium, sodium, calcium and potassium; all of these ingredients are wonderful for maintaining skin health. Different bath salts are infused with different scents and essential oils, each of which has different properties. Depending on what you need, you’ll be able to find a bath salt to help.
A good cue is to look at the cooler. Salts with cooler colours are generally soothing, whereas ones with warm tones may be energising and uplifting.
When you pour bath salts into your tub, they dissolve into the water. Ones with larger grains dissolve less and can also be used to exfoliate, further helping your skin.
Clearly, bath salts are a wonderful tool to add into your self-care routine. They benefit your skin in a number of ways, exfoliating and soothing as well as benefitting you through the various essential oils used. What’s the point in adding any CBD in?
Just How Good is CBD for your Skin?
Cannabidiol is known for its health benefits, able to positively impact the endocannabinoid system (ECS) in order to benefit the entire body’s wellbeing. The skin is the largest organ in the human body, so it makes sense that it would be connected to the ECS.
It turns out that CBD may be able to positively benefit the skin in a number of different ways. It is for this reason that many beauty brands are starting to use CBD in their lotions and moisturisers, as well as selling CBD oils that can be directly applied to the skin.
CBD is a known anti-oxidant, meaning that it can help skin to retain its youthful appearance. By fighting the signs of aging, it takes care of your skin and ensures that you look healthy and glowy all year-round – with a natural glow, of course.
Furthermore, a few studies have suggested that CBD may be able to assist with skin health. Not only could it benefit the skin’s health in general, but it might also be able to help with conditions like acne. By reducing the production of excess sebum (perhaps through its impact on the endocannabinoid system), it can prevent spots and acne from occurring.
So when it comes down to it, CBD is good for your skin. By adding it to bath salts, the benefits might just add up…
The Benefits of a CBD Bath Salt
A CBD bath salt is essentially a bath salt that has had cannabidiol added in. With the advantages of bath salts added to skin-loving CBD, surely you’re expecting a match made in heaven.
The skin is full of CB2 receptors from the endocannabinoid system. These interact well with CBD, which is partly what makes CBD bath salts so efficient. So, what benefits could they have?
- Boost general skin health: As we have mentioned, CBD is generally good for your skin. As an antioxidant, CBD could help to maintain the skin’s elasticity and appearance. Find a bath salt with other anti-oxidant ingredients, and you just might have the fountain of youth on your hands!
- Relieve pain: CBD is also a patented anti-inflammatory. By reducing inflammation, it might be able to lessen pain in the muscles and joints. We already know that baths can do this by themselves, but CBD might even enhance the effects further!
There are even more benefits to a CBD-infused bath than just these, which is why we think products like CBD bath salts and CBD bath bombs are a fantastic innovation. If you’re convinced, too, then you might be wondering where to get CBD bath bombs in the UK…
Where Can I Get CBD Bath Salts in the UK?
CBD bath salts are a pretty new product, so there aren’t too many of them around yet. Luckily, PROVACAN do sell a sachet of CBD-infused bath salts. PROVACAN are one of the top UK CBD brands, pioneering for a high-quality industry by producing amazing CBD products backed up by Israeli science.
The PROVACAN CBD Bath Salts are made using Dead Sea salt and Himalayan salt, along with high-quality CBD and essential oils. For years and years, people have travelled to the Dead Sea to experience reported skin-enhancing effects from the high salt content, and PROVACAN have used this very salt to create their product.
Each sachet contains 50g of bath salts. Whenever you want to take a delightful CBD-infused bath, fill up the tub about halfway, empty in one of the sachets, and then fill up the remainder with warm water. The bath salts will dissolve into the water, spreading the goodness of the salts, essential oils and CBD, ready for you to sink into.
Each 50g sachet contains 10mg of CBD and costs £11.99.
If you’re ready to take a positively blissful warm bath, then pay a visit to the PROVACAN website. Trust us – you’ll thank us later!