CBD products are everywhere now. If you don’t know what CBD is, then you really must have been living in a cave, because it has truly taken over the wellness industry. CBD (cannabidiol) is the non-psychoactive compound found in cannabis, and its potential as a supplement has propelled it to fame in the UK and elsewhere.
In just the past year, CBD has gone from being a fairly obscure supplement to one that is on the shelves of your local pharmacy. You used to have to go online to get your CBD products, but now it’s easier than ever to find CBD oil.
Popular pharmacy chain Boots has also begun selling CBD. They don’t sell their own brand, but they do sell Dragonfly CBD. This brand has been in the game for a while, and they have a great range of CBD products. While Boots don’t stock all of Dragonfly’s options, the full range is available on their site.
Today, we will be giving you the full rundown on Dragonfly CBD, so read on to find out all you need to know…
Who are Dragonfly CBD?
Dragonfly CBD was started up by three friends who believed in what CBD had to offer. Founded in 2016, this company has been around for a while by CBD industry standards.
Originally, the company secured 25 acres of hemp fields in Bulgaria. Now, they have over 1000 acres in the same country, running a GMP facility. They are apparently “Europe’s leading producer” of hemp.
After the hemp is grown, the cannabinoids are extracted using state of the art technology. 25-100kg of plant material are processed every day. All products are lab tested, and these reports can be easily accessed on the Dragonfly website. The lab reports verify the concentrations of CBD in each product, as well as ensuring the safety and quality of the oils.
All Dragonfly products are non-GMO, gluten-free, and grown using sustainable farming methods. In fact, Dragonfly CBD have a sustainability pledge to protect the planet, and they are even in the process of becoming carbon neutral. This is obviously wonderful for any corporation, especially one involved in the agricultural sector.
Clearly, Dragonfly have wonderful company standards and practices. Do their products live up to it?
Dragonfly CBD Oils
One negative to Dragonfly CBD is that they only sell CBD oils. If you’re after a sublingual tincture, then this is great – they have a few options available. However, if you prefer capsules, gummies, vapes, or other products, then you’re out of luck.
Nevertheless, there are several CBD oil options available.
The Dragonfly CBD Narrow-Spectrum Oil adheres to all their regular guidelines; vegan, non-GMO, gluten-free, THC-free and organic. As it is narrow-spectrum, it has had many of the cannabinoids filtered out. Nevertheless, it is still not a CBD isolate, so you can still benefit from the entourage effect. Each option is available as a 10ml or a 30ml bottle:
- Narrow-Spectrum Oil 300mg (3.3%) 10ml: £27.95
- Narrow-Spectrum Oil 500mg (5.6%) 10ml: £39.95
- Narrow-Spectrum Oil 1000mg (11.1%) 10ml: £69.95
- Narrow-Spectrum Oil 1000mg (3.7%) 30ml: £69.95
- Narrow-Spectrum Oil 1500mg (5.6%) 30ml: £84.95
- Narrow-Spectrum Oil 2000mg (7.4%) 30ml: £99.95
- Narrow-Spectrum Oil 3000mg (11.1%) 30ml: £139.95
The 11.1% options are clearly the highest in terms of potency, and so beginners should probably start out with the 3.3% option. For those who buy CBD often, the 30ml bottles provide a great way to stock up in advance.
There is also the option to buy Dragonfly CBD Broad-Spectrum Oil, which is more or less the same as the other option, only with a broader range of cannabinoids. This oil also retains naturally occurring terpenoids and plant waxes. Just like the Narrow-Spectrum option, the CBD is contained within a hemp seed oil. The Broad-Spectrum Oil is available in three different strengths, all in a 10ml dropper bottle:
- Broad-Spectrum Oil 270mg (3%): £27.95
- Broad-Spectrum Oil 450mg (5%): £39.95
- Broad-Spectrum Oil 900mg (10%): £69.95
In the product descriptions for each option of oil (both narrow- and broad-spectrum), you will find the amount of CBD contained per drop. Dragonfly also give you an estimated number of servings per bottle.
Dragonfly CBD Pros
- Having been around since 2016, Dragonfly CBD clearly know what they are doing. Everything is professional and efficient, right down to the sleek design of the website.
- It’s great that they care so much about sustainability. We haven’t yet seen a CBD company with a carbon neutral pledge, and that impressed us.
- The fact that Boots stocks their oils is a good verification of their quality. As a High Street store, Boots wouldn’t stock a poor-quality oil.
- There is a great range of CBD oils, coming in strengths to suit everyone.
- The website’s blog provides plenty of information on CBD, including CBD recipes.
Dragonfly CBD Cons
- It would be nice if they sold products other than sublingual tinctures. Some people would prefer other ways to take CBD, and this company has been around long enough to try out other avenues.
- There is not as much information on the oils as we have seen on other websites.
Our Final Verdict on Dragonfly CBD
Dragonfly CBD are an excellent brand, and we don’t really have any complaints about them. They are highly regarded on third-party review sites like TrustPilot, too, so it’s clear that other customers have also had a good experience.
Having been in the industry for a few years now, it’s obvious that Dragonfly CBD are here to stick around. They are a wonderful company who know what they’re doing, and this is evident in the quality of their CBD oils. Beginners, moderate users, and CBD experts all have strengths to try out here.
Our main complaint is the lack of other products, which is quite disappointing. Nevertheless, if it is CBD tinctures that you’re wanting, then Dragonfly CBD is a great choice.
Have you tried out Dragonfly CBD already? We would love to hear what you think! Let us know in the comments below.