These days, shopping around for a CBD product is not as simple as buying the first product you see. You have to meticulously avoid sites like Amazon and find a reputable dealer. But there are so many good brands nowadays – how are you supposed to choose?!
All CBD brands are doing their best to stand out from the crowd. Here at Greenshoppers, reviewing CBD brands is our job. We take pride in checking out all the brands appearing on the market and putting them under the microscope. Before you buy, it’s a good idea to check out some in-depth reviews.
Today, we are reviewing Thought Cloud. While not one of the most prominent brands around, it’s gaining popularity fast. Here’s what we had to say.
Who Is Thought Cloud?
Thought Cloud was formed in 2017 by Leo Pena. This is around the time that a number of new brands were popping up, so it’s about the average age for a CBD company. The Thought Cloud products are sold on the official website, which is chocked full of products.
According to the ‘About Us’ section, Thought Cloud aims to produce sustainable, vegan CBD products that are exceedingly high quality. With an aim to care for the planet, Thought Cloud is virtually waste-free in manufacturing practices, and there is a clear focus on sustainability.
The hemp used is grown in Colorado, a state known for high-quality CBD production. Thought Cloud uses CO2 extraction to create the CBD products, before winterising the extract to ensure it contains the right compounds.
So far, all seems well and good. However, there are a few issues. For one, the website is a bit all over the place. Sometimes, the brand calls itself ‘Thoughtcloud’, and other times it’s ‘Thoughtcl0ud’ with a zero in place of the ‘o.’ We’re not sure how this brand is trying to represent itself. In addition to this, the products are not clearly listed in sections. There is no tab for ‘CBD oil’ if that’s what you’re looking for. In other words, we just feel that things could be a little more organised.
Secondly, there are no lab reports. One lab report is hidden deep within the site. It’s an analysis of the Thought Cloud isolate, dating back to 2018. Ideally, CBD brands should regularly update their lab analyses, and there should be tests for more than just one product!
The brand has been around for a while and consumers appear to enjoy the products, so we would say it’s still a reputable brand. That being said, they should definitely work on a few things.
Thought Cloud CBD Products
Thought Cloud sells quite a few different products. In this full review, we check them all out below.
Thought Cloud CBD Full-Spectrum Oils
Thought Cloud stocks an enormous range of full-spectrum CBD oils, the likes of which we have never seen before. There is a choice of the oil that the CBD extract is suspended in, which is great for those who have preferences. You can choose between coconut MCT oil and cold-pressed hemp seed oil. Both of these varieties contain a low-THC, full-spectrum extract of varying quantities and in varying bottle sizes. The range goes from 500mg to 3000mg.
But this is when things get more unique. Thought Cloud also offers certain oils which are designed to target specific symptoms, and are thus higher in specific cannabinoids. There is an Inflammation and Allergy Formula which is high in CBG. Secondly, there is a Pain and Sleep Formula, high in CBN. Finally, there is a Low Weight Persons Grape Flavoured CBD Oil containing natural grape extract. All three of these options are suspended in coconut oil.
It’s nice to see a brand offering all these different options. CBG and CBN have few scientific studies to back them right now, but consumers can always give these products a try to see if they work out. Here is a breakdown of pricing:
- Full-Spectrum CBD 500mg (15ml) Coconut Oil: $45.60
- Full-Spectrum CBD 750mg (15ml) Coconut Oil: $60.80
- Full-Spectrum CBD 1500mg (30ml) Coconut Oil: $109.42
- Full-Spectrum CBD 3000mg (60ml) Coconut Oil: $194.52
- Full-Spectrum CBD 500mg (15ml) Cold Pressed Hemp: $58.99
- Full-Spectrum CBD 750mg (15ml) Cold Pressed Hemp: $79.99
- Full-Spectrum CBD 1500mg (30ml) Cold Pressed Hemp: $140.78
- Full-Spectrum CBD 3000mg (60ml) Cold Pressed Hemp: $259.16
- High CBG 550mg Inflammation & Allergy Formula: $111.11
- High CBG 1100mg Inflammation & Allergy Formula: $243.99
- High CBG 2200mg Inflammation & Allergy Formula: $355.55
- High CBN Blend 550mg Pain & Sleep Formula: $111.11
- High CBN Blend 1100mg Pain & Sleep Formula: $243.99
- High CBD Blend 2200mg Pain & Sleep Formula: $355.55
- Low Weight Persons Grape Flavoured CBD Oil 350mg: $39.99
- Low Weight Persons Grape Flavoured CBD Oil 700mg: $72.00
- Low Weight Persons Grape Flavoured CBD Oil 1400mg: $127.00
It’s worth noting here that, at the time of writing, these prices appear to be discounted. At the original price, the full-spectrum CBD coconut oil at 500mg is $85.99. by the way, that’s incredibly expensive, even for CBD!
Thought Cloud CBD Shot
Another full-spectrum product is the Hangover CBD Shot. It’s basically what it sounds like – it helps you to recover from a hangover. The shot contains ingredients like ginger, lemon, turmeric, milk thistle, and white willow bark. The 15ml shot also contains 25mg of nano-CBD, intended to help it absorb better in the body.
While the shot is an acquired taste, the ingredients will definitely wake you up a bit! It costs $14.99 for one shot.
Thought Cloud CBD Isolate
All of the Thought Cloud isolate oils are suspended in coconut oil. It’s a shame that those using an isolate don’t get the same level of choice when it comes to the carrier oils. The isolates also start out at a higher potency of 750mg, which may be too strong for new users.
- Sustainable Isolate CBD 750mg (15ml): $65.99
- Sustainable Isolate CBD 1500mg (30ml): $118.00
- Sustainable Isolate CBD 3000mg (60ml): $227.16
Thought Cloud CBD Beauty Products
Once again, there is a great deal of choice when it comes to beauty products. Thought Cloud has some more basic and predictable topical CBD treatments, including a Full-Spectrum Pain Management Balm. Containing coconut oil, jojoba oil, nettle leaf, peppermint oil, and more, this balm is said to be ideal for aches and sprains. It contains 300mg.
There is also an Ozonated CBD Topical Skin Issue Resolver, which the brand says is the world’s only ozonated CBD product. Ozone is bubbled into the mixture to create a light salve that can, apparently, correct psoriasis and eczema, among other still conditions. The 50ml tub contains 300mg of CBD.
Thirdly, there is a bath bomb containing 70mg of CBD. You have a choice between various essential oils, including Eucalyptus, Lavender, Peppermint, and Sweet Orange.
The rest of the products are more unique. There is a Facial Serum in Ozonated Jojoba Oil, intended for use as a face moisturiser. This contains 300mg of CBD. In addition, there is a Facial Beauty Bar which you can use to cleanse your face with moisturising shea butter; this also contains 300mg of CBD. Finally, the collection includes three types of CBD face mask each infused with 300mg of CBD. There is a mask for regular skin, one for sensitive skin, and one for acne-prone skin.
The beauty products section is where it becomes extremely clear that Thought Cloud is making a lot of medical claims. It is illegal to make medical claims about CBD food supplements and beauty products in the UK. In the USA, laws are a little greyer, but it’s still not a good idea. As a result, we think Thought Cloud needs to tread lightly.
- Full Spectrum CBD Facial Mask: $39.99 each
- Full Spectrum CBD Facial Serum in Ozonated Jojoba Oil: $35.99
- Full Spectrum Facial Beauty Bar: $25.99
- Full Spectrum Beauty Bundle (All 3 Above): $99.99
- Full Spectrum Pain Management Balm: $54.99
- Ozonated CBD Topical Skin Issue Resolver: $45.99
- CBD Bath Bombs: $8.99
Thought Cloud CBD Vapes
Thought Cloud stocks a range of vaping accessories including a Vape Pod, Rubi Vape Pen, and a bundle that features the Thought Cloud CBD vape. Focusing on the vape liquid, we applaud Thought Cloud for crafting a CBD e-liquid that doesn’t contain propylene glycol (PG). There are safety concerns about PG, so we’re glad the e-liquid doesn’t include it.
Each e-liquid contains 30ml of vape liquid with a full-spectrum extract. Each bottle has 600mg of CBD. There is a vast range of flavours to choose from – too many to list here! We guarantee that you’ll find a flavour you like.
Each vape bottle costs $45.99.
Thought Cloud CBD for Pets
These days, most CBD brands have a section for pets. Thought Cloud has crafted a pet range using the same full-spectrum extract suspended in hemp seed oil, only at a much lower potency than the human oils.
The strengths and prices are as follows:
- Full-Spectrum CBD for Pets 200mg: $25.99
- Full-Spectrum CBD for Pets 400mg: $46.79
- Full-Spectrum CBD for Pets 800mg; $83.17
Thought Cloud Signature Series
Finally, Thought Cloud offers something called the ‘Signature Series’ range. This consists of three high-potency CBD oils in a choice of flavours. Each oil comes in Apply, Cherry, or Grape flavour.
- Signature Series Daily 900mg: $92.99
- Signature Series Super 1800mg: $163.33
- Signature Series Ultra 2600mg: $291.00
Thought Cloud CBD Pros
- Popular brand which has quickly gained a reputation for supplying good quality products.
- All products are vegan-friendly, non-GMO, and made using sustainable practices.
- A huge range of products to choose from.
- No propylene glycol in the vape liquids.
Thought Cloud CBD Cons
- Prices are much too high for most consumers.
- Lab reports cannot be viewed on the site, despite Thought Cloud insisting such tests are carried out.
- Medical claims are sometimes made, which is not a sign of a trustworthy CBD brand.
Final Thoughts on Thought Cloud CBD
Thought Cloud CBD is a good example of a growing brand that doesn’t seem to be quite there yet. The product range is astounding and we can’t fault the level of choice provided. However, we have some anxieties about the lack of lab reports and the medical claims being made on the site.
Hopefully, this brand will alter some of its current practices in order to foster an amazing business. It certainly has the potential to do so, and a growing customer base is an encouraging sign.
Currently, Thought Cloud doesn’t ship to the UK, so British customers will have to turn to a local brand to find what they are looking for.