Finding a CBD brand is an important part of your CBD experience. Different brands have different values and products, but the abundance of CBD brands nowadays means that you can easily find one that appeals to you. For example, you can check out CBD brands that are popular on Instagram if you just love social media; or maybe try out fitness-specific CBD brands if you love to spend time in the gym.
Instead of spending your time trawling through CBD websites trying to find out about the companies, it’s easier to check out a third-party review site that tells you all you need to know in one place. Greenshoppers is here to advise you on the latest and greatest CBD brands and what they have to offer.
Today, we are checking out the PlusCBD brand and its range of products. Read on to find out what you want to know.
Who is PlusCBD?
The ‘About Us’ section of the PlusCBD website is sadly lacking. According to the site, this brand is “America’s #1 choice” for CBD oil products. This company produces high-quality CBD oils that are consistently tested in a state-of-the-art laboratory to ensure that what is on the label is the truth. PlusCBD uses CO2 extraction for environmentally-friendly and consumer-friendly CBD products.
Apart from this, there is not much information. A ‘Management Team’ section reveals the faces behind the brand as well as a few names, but we don’t know the story behind PlusCBD. Of course, the brand may not have a particular story. Nevertheless, we would like some more information about the brand’s location, practices, and company ethos.
So, with little to go on in the way of values, let’s see if the products speak for themselves.
PlusCBD has a decent range of products with quite a lot of information about them on the website. Below, we take a look at the products and pricing options.
The PlusCBD oils resemble any other sublingual CBD tincture, but the website says you can also add them to a smoothie or shake to enjoy them more without the oily texture.
First up is the CBD Oil Drops. These are made with PlusCBD’s “Gold Formula” CBD oil for the ultimate supplement. The Gold Formula is the highest CBD concentration offered by this brand. The oils contain nothing other than hemp extract and hemp oil, making them perfect for vegetarians and vegans. The bottle comes in two sizes, of either 1 ounce or 2 ounces. The 2oz bottle contains 160 servings, whereas the 1oz option has 80 servings. Each oil can be purchased in different flavours: Unflavoured, Peppermint, and Goji Berry.
- CBD Oil Drops 1oz 250mg: $37.76
- CBD Oil Drops 2oz 750mg: $80.96
- CBD Oil Drops 2oz 1500mg: $131.36
Secondly, there is the CBD Oil Raw Drops, which have been a part of the PlusCBD range for longer. Not only does this product contain CBD extracted from the same hemp as the other products, but it also contains CBDa. This means that the product has not been heated, and so it retains the acidic form of CBD. As per the other CBD oil option, this oil is vegan and vegetarian-friendly, non-GMO, and gluten-free. Both come in Unflavoured and Peppermint varieties. There are a few options:
- CBD Oil Raw Drops 1oz 100mg: $20.66
- CBD Oil Raw Drops 2oz 500mg: $61.16
PlusCBD also produces oil in a spray bottle. This bottle is easier to administer and less fiddly than a dropper, as well as carrying less risk of leaking. It is said to contain a “complex phytocannabinoid matrix” in extra virgin olive oil. In either Unflavoured, Peppermint or Café Mocha varieties, the CBD Spray has two bottle sizes:
- CBD Spray 1oz 100mg: $22.95
- CBD Spray 2oz 500mg: $67.95
The PlusCBD capsules are full-spectrum and deliver an easy dose of daily CBD. They are 100% vegetarian and made using PlusCBD’s Total Plant Complex. This capsule option is a regular capsule that can be consumed like any other pill. You can choose the size of the bottle and the strength of CBD in each capsule:
- CBD Oil Capsules 10mg 30-count: $29.95
- CBD Oil Capsules 15mg 60-count: $69.95
Alternatively, PlusCBD sells soft gel capsules, which many find easier to swallow. The soft gels are vegan-friendly. There is a Total Plant Complex (full-spectrum) variety, a Raw variety, and a Gold Formula variety which contains 15mg of CBD per capsule. The other two contain 10mg of CBD each.
- CBD Oil Softgels Total Plant Complex 10-count: $14.95
- CBD Oil Softgels Total Plant Complex 30-count: $29.95
- CBD Oil Softgels Total Plant Complex 60-count: $59.95
- CBD Oil Softgels Raw 10-count: $12.95
- CBD Oil Softgels Raw 30-count: $29.95
- CBD Oil Softgels Raw 60-count: $49.95
- CBD Oil Softgels Gold Formula 10-count: $19.95
- CBD Oil Softgels Gold Formula 30-count: $49.95
- CBD Oil Softgels Gold Formula 60-count: $89.95
PlusCBD offers two CBD topicals. The first is the CBD Balm, which contains ingredients such as sweet almond oil, camellia sinensis leaf extract, and of course CBD. The 1.3oz bottle contains 50mg of blended CBDa and CBD, with no artificial fragrances. Overall, it has a light peppermint scent. The tub costs $35.95.
The second topical is similar to the above, but it is made using the Gold Formula CBD oil. As such, it is Extra Strength. This time, the 1.3oz bottle contains 100mg of CBD, costing $51.95. This is a great deal considering you get double the amount of CBD. However, it does not contain CBDa, so if you are interested in raw cannabinoids then this is not the option for you.
Lastly, PlusCBD sells a CBD gummies option. These are gluten-free gummies in crescent shapes, with the flavour of either Cherry Mango or Citrus Punch. No artificial flavours or colourings are used to make these gummies.
With 5mg of CBD per gummy, you can easily dose your daily CBD. The options are as follows:
- CBD Oil Gummies 30-count: $39.95
- CBD Oil Gummies 60-count: $64.95
- The website often holds offers and gives discount codes to make your purchase a little cheaper.
- PlusCBD has a tracking system called Seed to Shelf, which tracks the supply chain from growing the hemp to producing the products. This vertical production system ensures that PlusCBD knows everything that occurs in the supply chain, keeping the consumer safe in the end.
- Third-party lab reports are available upon request; testing is done at a facility in San Diego.
- CO2 extraction is usually considered the safest form of cannabinoid extraction.
- Very little information about the company itself and the values the brand holds.
- The range of products could be a little bigger; perhaps they could branch out into vaping.
Our Opinion of PlusCBD
At the end of the day, PlusCBD seems to be a reputable brand. Given that this is an American company (North America’s #1, remember!), you cannot get these products in the UK. This is, of course, a downside if you are a British resident, but at least we have plenty of our own high-quality brands.
PlusCBD is a brand that clearly cares about the process of making high-quality CBD products. It puts a lot into the production and manufacturing, and we love the Seed to Shelf tracking system.
If you happen to live in the United States, then you can order PlusCBD oil from the official site. There are often discounts and sales, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled!